Power of Love Yoga Retreat
April 28th – 30th, 2017
Join us in the sacred healing waters of Sierra Hot Springs, finding freedom in our bodies and love in our hearts through a variety of yogic modalities, psychological inquiry and personal exploration.
Believe it or not, we are the love that we seek. Unfortunately, much of this love has been covered up and hidden to us. Over time we have been hurt, seen dreams dissolve and felt the pain of loss, creating the fear of getting hurt again. The barriers we have erected to protect ourselves have left us closed down and cut of from our bodies and hearts–the ultimate sources of intimacy and connection. As a result, love can seem like an illusive force.
In this weekend retreat, we’ll come back to love in the majestic Sierra Hot Springs. On the edge of Tahoe National forest, the sacred healing pools, relaxing sauna and tranquillity of the mountains will provide the perfect escape from the pressures of the world to focus on developing qualities of the heart.
The embodied practices of vinyasa, yin and partner yoga will release the tension and blockages that prevent love and joy to flow through you. Through guided Thai massage (assisted yoga therapy) we will explore the practice of loving-kindness, acceptance and connection with another. Group discussions, lectures and exercises will help breakthrough your own unique challenges in living a life of love.
- Full use of hot springs and sauna 24hours/day
- Two morning meditations and yoga classes
- One partner yoga class and one guided Thai massage class
- Two Power of Love sessions of exercises, discussions and lecture on bringing more love into your life
- Four vegetarian meals: Friday Dinner, Saturday Brunch and Dinner, Sunday Brunch
- Natural abundance: hiking trails, open meadows, expansive mountain views, star gazing, resting and relaxing amongst the trees and vast blue sky.
Four delicious, healthy and abundant vegetarian meals will be provided: Friday dinner, Saturday brunch and Dinner, Sunday brunch. Participants also have access to the communal kitchen, which has everything one needs to prepare their own meals.
Camping is included with the retreat fee. Participants may book private rooms or a dorm bed in the charming Main Lodge at a discounted rate.
(includes meals, 24/7 access to springs, and camping):
$375 Early Bird until January 29th.
$425 Until March 15th
$450 Until the day of
Reserve your spot today
(you will be redirected to a paypal page and asked to put in your information)
If you cannot pay the full price right now, you can reserve your spot with a $100 deposit
Arrive by 5pm: (Recommended: take a half day off work on Friday and drive up while the roads are clear and it is still light out)
5:00-6:30 pm: Orientation, Yoga Warm Up, Unpacking
6:30-8:00 pm Dinner
8:00-9:00 Opening Ceremony and Intention Setting
9:00-10:30pm: Yin yoga
8:30-10:00 am: Rise and Shine Yoga
10:00-11:30 am: Power of Love Gathering I
11:30-12:30 pm Brunch
12:30-3:00 pm: Pools, Hiking, Personal time
3:00-5:00 pm: Hiking Meditation
5:00-6:00 pm: Partner and Acro Yoga
6:00-7:30 pm: Dinner
7:30-9:00 pm: Guided Thai massage
9:00 – 10:00 pm: Letting Go Into Love: Fire Ceremony
9:00-10:30 am: Rise and Shine Yoga
10:30-12:00 pm: Power of Love Gathering II
12:00-1:00 pm: Brunch
1:00-2:00 pm: Afternoon Meditation
2:00-3:00 pm: Closing Ceremony
3:00-5:00pm: Pack Up, Soak, Relax.
Zach Beach is a teacher, healer, poet and writer focused on bringing to light the truths of romantic and unconditional love. Zach has over a thousand hours of teaching experience leading yoga classes, workshops and teacher trainings. As the founder of Learn to Love, Zach has equipped hundreds of participants with tools and insights to bring more love into their lives.
Zach has an MA in East-West Psychology from the California Institute of Integral studies. Zach completed his 200-hr and 500-hr yoga teacher trainings at the SchoolYoga Institute and his Thai Massage training at the Sunshine Network in Thailand. He is also a graduate of San Francisco Sex Information’s sex educator training program. Zach teaches weekly yoga and acroyoga classes, leads workshops and teacher trainings, practices Thai massage, speaks at conferences, writes and recites poetry, dances nonstop and pens articles for Elephant Journal, MindBodyGreen and Medium.
– Full payment required by February 28th
– Cancellation policy: All cancellations will be honored more than 60 days prior to the event. Until 30 days before the event only a 50% partial refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued for cancellations 29 days prior.
– All activities are optional. Whether it’s an injury or you just want to spend more time with nature, feel free to make this retreat completely your own.
– Two weeks prior to the event a full information packet will be sent to participants with directions, packing list, rideshare, as well as any other pertinent information.