Drinking Roses on Sunday: 10,000 words to open the heart is out now! Click here or on the cover below:
Click the drop down menu below to read a few of Zach’s poems.
- Often you will feel but never actually be alone.
- Being soft and being strong are not mutually exclusive.
- We break and repair each other. The latter moreso than the former.
- Whatever time it is is a glorious time to be alive.
- You and space have a lot in common. Expand. Inspire. Be. You are already home.
A blackbird once gave me a silver flask with darkness inside. The words inscribed on the side said,
of diet tips,
Cut off all your hair to see how it feels
and to help distinguish
between attention and interest.
Know why she left.
Crumple those paper promises into a broken ball.
Digest the bowling ball in your stomach,
swallow the shoelaces keeping you tongue tied and
go once more into the breach dear friend.
Put pressure on that bleeding heart,
love infinity plus one.
Let getting up conquer giving in.
There’s a twenty on the sidewalk with your name on it.
You are the star of your own movie,
come into this like opening credits.
a square peg on a round planet
finds an adorable equilateral triangle
and together they shape each others lives,
making geometry and storyline arcs
or the blocks of the Lower East Side.
Making love on the kitchen counter,
staying warm through the winter.